1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Became a board member for the Bellingham Sex Positive Center, began leading a monthly discussion group, wrote an Accident Prevention Plan.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not make resolutions for 2015. I will be making some for 2016, but that is a whole other post!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister, Kira, had another daughter this year, Lila. She is chubby and adorable.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My former father-in-law, Harold, died in October.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
More time to write, or discipline in making the time.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 16 - When I became an official couple with Scott and we told my kids about it. <3 My most memorable events in 2015 were Rachele's visit to Washington and seeing a friend I haven't seen in 20 years, attending Emerald City Comicon (finally), classes and workshops I took, and Dad and Lianna's visit to Washington.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think my biggest achievement of the year was just continuing to find myself, grow into who I am now, and become more comfortable and confident in myself and my convictions.
9. What was your biggest failure?
This is a hard question. But I think that being late so much is the one that stands out most to me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A special gift for Scott, my new car
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My Mom. Scott.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
If you know me, you already know the answer to this question.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, living expenses.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Jurassic World. HA! True though.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Take Me to Church by Hozier
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
I am happier, for sure. It has taken a lot of work, and some days are still hard. But I am in a pretty good place.
I am fatter than I was this time last year. Not sure if I care or not.
"Richer" seems like the wrong word. How about, struggling less? Overdrawing my account way less often, but I still don't have any savings ora nything.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about money.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Scott and the kids. On Christmas Eve we visited Brooke and Dave and family, then on Christmas we just hung out at home and Scott was here in the morning then left and came back in the afternoon with his parents and they met the kids for the first time. We spent the day after Christmas with Scott's family.
21. Did you fall in love with 2015?
Yes. It was the best year yet.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Walking Dead
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
The Magician's Land by Lev Grossman
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not sure... probably Peter Hollens.
26. What did you want and get?
A new car, support, affection, cats.
27. What did you want and not get?
More help from my ex.
28. What was your favorite film of 2015?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my birthday, the kids, Scott and I went over to my mom's and she made me a stromboli and a pecan pie. I turned 35 and got a scarf and some earrings and a my little pony unicorn and a bag of cheetos from my kids.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2015?
Try to find as many shirts as possible in jersey fabric.
32. What kept you sane?
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
34. Who did you miss?
I miss Kira and Nora and wish I could see them more. I miss Helene and Lianna and my Dad. I wish I could have all my family closer.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
You never get used to it.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.